Master Program in Naval Architecture – Advanced Design of Ships and Offshore Structures
(Master studies- 120 credits)
It is a 2-years master degree (awarded by a double degree issued by 2 EMSHIP universities; i.e. from University of Liege (EMSHIP coordinator, Belgium) and from URO (Germany), ECN (France) or UPM (Spain). The awarded degrees are:
|ULiège||Master 120||Master in Mechanical Engineering, with specialization in Advanced Design of Ships and Offshore Structures|
|and one of these 3 masters:|
|URO||Master 120||Master of Science (Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering)|
|ECN||Master 60||Master in Applied Mechanics, specialized in Hydrodynamics, Energetics and Propulsion,|
|UPM||Master 60||joint Master degree with ULiège “Advanced Ship Design and Offshore Renewable Energies” (Máster en Diseño Avanzado de Buques y Energías Renovables Marinas)|
The EMSHIP master mobility scheme includes 4 semesters in 2 or 3 different countries and cultures.
University of Liege (ULiège) – Master in Mechanical Engineering - specialization in Advanced Design of Ships and Offshore Structures
- Lectures in Mechanics
- Lectures in Ship Technology, Ship Structure, Ship Hydrodynamics and Ship Design
Students must express their preferences for the second year by ranking the 3 following topics :
- Ship & Marine Hydrodynamics (ECN)
- Ship Technology & Ocean Engineering (URO)
- Advanced Ship Design and Offshore Renewable Energies (UPM)
The final decision about the location of the second year will be based on the student wishes and if necessary on the ranking (established during the first year at ULiège).
The EMSHIP master study also includes a Master thesis and an Internship, which can be performed at a 3rd EMSHIP partner university (3rd mobility), such as:
- Galati (UGAL, Romania) Manoeuvring and Propulsion.
- Nantes (ICAM, France) Composites materials & Design of Offshore wind turbines,
- Newcastle (SOLENT, UK) Sailing and Pleasure Yachts.
or with an Top World University, EMSHIP associate partner, such as:
- University of Michigan (UoM, NAME, USA)
- University of Osaka (NAOE, Japan)
- Federal University of Rio de Janairo (UFRJ, Brazil)
- University of New South Wales (UNSW, Australia)
- Pusan University (PNU, Korea)
- Istanbul Technical University (ITU, Turkey)
- University of GENOA (UNIGE, Italy)
In addition, “EMSHIP” includes other partner universities from various parts of the world, such as:
Finally the European Association of Universities in Marine Technology (WEGEMT) assists the consortium in the management and dissemination of information to potential candidates.
Contact: Prof. Philippe RIGO, University of Liege