Master Program in Naval Architecture –Design of Ship and Offshore structures
(Master studies- 120 credits)
M120 is the new EMSHIP+ master program (1st intake in Sept 2017 – next recruitment for 2018 starts in Sept 2017).
It is a 2-years master degree (awarded by a double degree issued by 2 EMSHIP universities; i.e. from University of Liege (EMSHIP coordinator, Belgium) and from URO (Germany), ECN (France) or ZUT (Poland). The awarded degrees are:
• ULG: Master 120, Master in Mechanical Engineering, with specialization in Advanced Ship and Offshore Design
• URO: Master 120, Master of Science (Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering)
• ECN: Master 120, Master 60 credits: Master in Applied Mechanics, specialized in Hydrodynamics, Energetics and Propulsion,
• ZUT: Master 120, Master of Science (Ocean Technology, Design and Construction of Marine Installations)
The EMSHIP master mobility scheme includes 4 semesters in 2 or 3 different countries and cultures.
University of Liege (ULG) – Master in Mechanical Engineering - specialization in Advanced Ship and Offshore Design
- Lectures in Mechanics
- Lectures in Ship Technology, Ship Structure, Ship Hydrodynamics and Ship Design
Students must express their preferences for the second year by ranking the 3 following topics :
The final decision about the location of the second year will be based on the student wishes and if necessary on the ranking (established during the first year at ULG).
The EMSHIP master study also includes a Master thesis and an Internship, which can be performed at a 3rd EMSHIP partner university (3rd mobility), such as:
or with an Top World University, EMSHIP associate partner, such as:
In addition, “EMSHIP” includes other partner universities from various parts of the world, such as:
All these universities/partners have an advisory role and assist in the recruitment and assessment of candidates.
Finally the European Association of Universities in Marine Technology (WEGEMT) assists the consortium in the management and dissemination of information to potential candidates.
Industrial Strategic Advisory Board (SAB)
An Industrial Strategic Advisory Board (SAB), composed of key European industrial partners, provide internships and opportunities of recruitment after the graduation.
Tuition fees (see “Scholarship”)
12k€ for the 2-years cycle, 120 credits (applicable to all candidates but scholarships are available)
Contact: Prof. Philippe RIGO, University of Liege